Investing in your retirement should be as easy as possible. You shouldn't have to worry about the setting up your account or all the ins and outs of paperwork. It should be done for you in a timely and easy manner. At Accuplan Benefits Services we are your one stop shop for alternative investing with your retirement accounts. We specialize in self directed IRAs and self directed 401ks. If you are new to self directed investing with your IRA and 401k you are in for a treat. A self directed IRA and 401k allow you to invest in things other than the typical stocks and bonds. You are able to invest in things like real estate and gold but you aren't limited to just those investments. As long as you follow the rules set up by the IRS you can invest in just about anything.
Why haven't you heard of this before? Mainly because some of the most popular financial firms don't allow for these types of investments. The biggest reasons why they may not allow for these types of alternative investments can be different depending on the firm but the most common reaons they don't allow for these types of investments are because they make money buy pushing other investment options to you or because it simply isn't their expertise. Regardless of the reasons you must find someone that does allow for alternative investment options through a self directed account. Accuplan Benefits Services fills this void. Investing in alternative investments is as easy as these 5 simple steps.
Step 1 – Fill Out Application
- Use our online account application and setup your account in minutes or download the application and print the document.
Step 2- Photo ID
- If you filled out your application online you only need to send us a copy of your photo ID. If you printed out your application we need you to send it to us along with a copy of your photo ID.
Step 3- Transfer Funds
- We have your funds transferred per the transfer request instructions.
Step 4- Direction Of Investment
- Complete our Direction of Investment form along with the supporting investment documents.
Step 5- Investments Funded
- We fund your investment per the Direction of Investment form.
These are the typical steps to investing in alternative investments with an IRA or 401k.
For more information about self directed investing with your retirement accounts contact us today. We are here to help you get the most out of your retirement account.
Author: Nick Barker