Setting up your account and getting it funded isn't all that complicated. Accuplan Benefits Services and our custodian American Estate and Trust have skilled professionals walk you through the process of your IRA LLC set-up and rules associated with owning such an account.
What is the set up process?
Accuplan will first consult with you to determine what your objectives are for self-directed investing. Then, we will create a new individual retirement account (IRA) in your name, plus a separate LLC with our custodian, American Estate & Trust. You will then rollover your IRA or 401K to American Estate & Trust, then establish banking and investment accounts for the LLC at your local bank. After that, American Estate & Trust buys membership in the LLC, and you direct the investments as the LLC manager.
What can you invest in?
Just as it is with any account that you're self-directing, there are rules to follow on what you can and cannot invest in. You're not allowed to do business with a disqualified person, invest in property that you or any disqualified person owns, and so on. Same self-directed IRA rules apply. But what can you invest in?
- Real estate, including overseas real estate
- Hard money lending
- Precious metals (Gold, Silver, Platinum)
- Private placements or offerings (oil & gas, real estate, etc)
- Funding a business
- Trust deeds, and more!
How do we help you?
- We help with setting up the LLC
- Filing of state articles
- Filing of Tax Identification Number with the IRS
- Handling your rollover to our sister company and custodian, American Estate and Trust
- Unlimited consulting, plus much more!
What is an IRA Custodian?
The use of a qualified IRA custodian is required to complete this process. Accuplan Benefits Services uses the services of American Estate and Trust. The benefits to using American Estate and Trust and Accuplan are:
- Experience- We are dedicated to dealing with the ins and outs of self-directed IRA accounts
- Flexibility- We are focused on providing self-directed IRA account services that are tailored to the needs of the self-directed IRA account holder
- Seamless integration- Accuplan Benefits Services and American Estate and Trust are owned by the same principals with common support staff, so you will get a completely integrated, one-stop solution for your self-directed IRA needs