While the holidays are in full swing the time can slip away from us and we forget to do some of the things that are important to our well-being. The holidays are a great time to relax and think of the things that we are grateful for but in the midst of this all we shouldn't forget that the end of the year is coming and that means we need to stay up on our retirement plan and remember not to forget the things that will help us get the most out of our retirement.
Since we are right smack dab in middle of the holidays and with this week being Thanksgivings I wanted to give you a quick list of some things you can do and hopefully not overwhelm you or take too much of your time during this busy time of the year. This list isn't detailed and if you have any uestions
- If you don't have one set up your retirement plan –> Retirement Planning Guide
- Re-evaluate your Retirement Plan –> End Of The Year Retirement To-Dos
- Do everything you can to hit your retirement goals for this past year
- Make sure you have maximized your possible contributions
- Talk with your tax attorney or accountant and make sure there isn't anything more you should or can do to get the most tax breaks
- Make sure your retirement plan has goals for next year, if not set them and make sure saving/investing to your retirement acounts is part of those goals!
- If your retirement account isn't diversified, plan to diversify it so that you can maximize profits while limiting your risk and do it by investing in non-traditional assets like gold and real estate.
Accuplan Benefits Services wants you to get the most out of your retirement and that is why we believe in being able to have a truly self-directed IRA that allows you to invest in alternative investments. We are here to help you take back control of your IRA and invest how you want. If you would like help setting up a self-directed IRA so that you can invest with your IRA in gold and real estate contact us and we will help you get. On a side note remember, even if you are a self-employed business owner you too can benefit from investing through a self-directed 401k in non-traditional investments.
If you would like help with your self-directed IRA retirement account or setting up an account call or email us today.
Author: Nick Barker