In the recent World Gold Council report, they highlighted some important, forward looking, economic issues that will be in place for the second half of 2012:
- Deflationary trends will continue raising the increased likelihood for more fiscal stimulus. This will debase the currency and increase the risks of inflation in the long run.
- Despite some of the agreements and progress in Europe, there will continue to be an environment of uncertainty and market volatility.
- Movement into the US Dollar will likely weaken and may even reverse.
- The US is facing a debt ceiling debate in Q3
- The US is facing a much contested, nasty presidential re-election in Q4
- The US is facing a big debate over the fiscal cliff and no one in Washington has made any progress to reverse the pending massive tax increases.
What does this mean for your self directed IRA
These themes and issues are very significant and critical. They all paint a picture of uncertainty and instability. These are ideal conditions for holding gold, silver, and precious metals in your self directed IRA. So, its time to take action and check your self directed IRA portfolio and insure that your self directed IRA is properly balanced.
The information provided is for educational purposes only and are not a solicitation or offering of an investment, investment advice, or tax advice. You should consult with your tax, legal or financial advisor to determine the suitability of any investments made with a self directed IRA account.